Sunday 29 September 2013

THE DEMI-MONDE INSPIRES ART!

It seems that the Demi-Monde has inspired and artist. When I attended the Zagreb Literary Festival there was some artwork on display by a Croatian artist , Martina Grlic. Here are a couple of Martina's works:


This shows Norma trapped in the basement hideaway during the battle for Warsaw. I really think Martina has caught Norma's feeling of hopelessness and vulnerability. A terrific picture.

Similarly, Marina coneys the misery associated with fighting in a bitterly cold winter.




And, I pleased to note, that eminence noir, ABBA, is duly inspirational. A perfect rendition of a machine with human ambitions.


1 comment:

  1. :) It is not what I usually do but I am glad you like my interpretation. Best, Martina Grlic

    ReplyDelete