Tuesday 14 September 2010

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!

The house move has been simply horrendous!

But perhaps the worst aspect has been the struggle to get back on-line. I use Virgin broadband and it took them ten (ten!) days to transfer me from my old address to my new one. Why in this day and age it should take so long is quite beyond me.

That was yesterday. I sparked up my laptop at 8.30 a.m. expecting to be back in the 21st Century but...nothing. What followed was four hours of misery, frustration and downright bewilderment as I spoke to Virgin Technical Services five times (total over two hours of 'phone time) and at least an hour on the line to Belkin, the b******* who made my router.In the end I gave up with Belkin (they were absolutely USELESS) and went out bought a new router. Eventually at around 2 p.m. I was back on line.

Moral of this story: don't move house and don't use Belkin routers.

No comments:

Post a Comment