Monday 14 June 2010

Invent-10n


Just sent off the latest incarnation of my story 'Invent-10n' to my agent John and, fingers crossed, this more conventional iteration (v:5) might hit more of the right notes.

It's now a novella - which is defined as Wiki as coming in between 17,500 and 40,000 words - which tips the scales at just over 36,000. This has been a real labour of love - I started it over 2 years ago - and I only persisted because I really love my heroine, Jenni-Fur. She's a reBop refusenik who in the year 2020 is opposed to the spread of the PanOptika Surveillance System and the introduction of Patriot Implants (sort of supa-doopa RFIDs). Jenni-Fur is really fiery and as she talks jive I've had a lot of fun putting her dialogue together.

The image is Nigel's take on the first front cover and this shows a Polly (a polly-functional Digital Device to you cave dwellers out there) which predated the iPad by a couple of years. Just shows.

Anyway, in the words of Jenni-Fur, plant you now and dig you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment